Hello friends! Most of you must be aware of the harmful chemicals that are present in cosmetics and the danger they cause. If not please do read these articles.
Upto 60% of the ingredients used in cosmetics is absorbed through the skin and enters the bloodstream. Substances absorbed in this way bypass the liver where detoxification takes place and instead can be circulated around the body where they may interact with living cells! Everyone of us do apply moisturising lotions all over our body and to our kids at least once a day and imagine what harm might it cause! I am sharing the recipe of 100% natural whipped body butter which is extremely smooth and silky. Do try it out and am sure you will love ❤️ it.
- 1/2 c organic raw cocoa butter
- 1/2 c organic raw shea butter
- 1/2 c organic unrefined coconut oil
- 1/2 c organic sweet almond oil
- 0.25% dilution of organic pure essential oils of your choice ( rose / geranium / ylang-ylang / lavender) (optional)
Why these ingredients?
- In a double boiler add ingredients one by one in the mentioned order and once they melt add the next one and stir. (If you do not have a double boiler take water in a sauce pan and wait till it comes to boil. Place a wide mouthed heat resistant ceramic /glass bowl on the pan)
- Remove from heat and let cool for a minute and add essential oils of your choice.
- Place in freezer for 15mins or until starting to harden.
- Use a hand mixer to whip for 10minutes until fluffy. I use this in case you are looking for one.
- Place it in fridge for 15mins to set.
- Store it in a glass jar with lid and use it liberally (now that you know its all made of goodies) after bath and before bed. It’s extremely smooth, silky and nourishing.
- This remains whipped at temperature below 30ºC, if it tends to melt in hotter regions it needs to be refrigerated.
- Use a dry spoon 🥄 <can use a bamboo / metal one> to scoop a little, as and when required and close the lid after use.
If you are not a DIYer then please do look for organic moisturising lotions available in the market. For friends abroad do check if your products are safe in EGW skin deep database or download their app Healthy Living.
I do sell very limited of these on my facebook buy sell group – eco friendly ma. Interested folks do join the group!
Liked the post? Do give it a thumbs-up 👍 and follow the blog to get post updates!
P.S: Essential oils are to be used in a diluted form. Read the how to use & word of caution section in my post on essential oils to know the details.