Hello friends! This DIY lip balm is not only 100% natural, it is super moisturizing and nourishing one I have ever tried…
- Pure beeswax pastilles
- Organic raw cocoa butter chopped
- Organic raw shea butter / organic raw kokum butter
- Organic carrier oils (I use unrefined coconut oil , sweet almond oil, castor oil, A2 ghee)
- Vanilla pod grated (for fragrance)
- Alkanet root powder / beetroot powder (for tint n can be adjusted accordingly)
<The recipie is my trade secret and so I cannot reviel the quantity, but if anyone wants to diy for personal use and not for commercial use can get in touch with me!>
How to make?
Take water in a sauce pan and wait till it comes to boil. Place a wide mouthed heat resistant ceramic/glass bowl on the pan (Instead you can use a double boiler if you have one).
Then add the beeswax pastilles and stir with a spoon until it melts.
Add the chopped cocoa butter and stir until it melts.
Switch off the flame and add shea butter and carrier oils and stir until it melts.
Add the grated vanilla pod for the fragrance and add alkanet root powder for the tint. Add the alkanet root powered little by little until the desired tint is obtained. If you feel the mixture is getting solidified you can switch on the flame in between.
When its in liquid state filter in into a small glass jars/ lip balm tins.
Let it sit undisturbed for half an hour. Once its cooled and set give it a try and your lips are gonna love it! Its super-moisturising n nourishing and smells of cocoa-vanilla-heavenly and its eco friendly absolutely harmless and is safe for the kids too. Your entire family is gonna love it!!!
However if you are not in a DIY mode, I do sell very limited of these on my facebook buy sell group – eco friendly ma. Interested folks do join the group! I have tried the following tints so far –
- Plum Royale (with vanilla pod & alkanet root powder)
- Mango Magic (with spray dried mango powder)
- Strawberry Splash (with dried strawberry powder)
- Cranberry Crush (with dried cranberry powder)
- Rose Royale (with dried rose petal powder)
- Burgundy Rose 🌹 (same as Rose Royale but lighter tint)
- Mississippi Mud (with raw cacao powder)
- Chocolate 🍫 Honey (same as Mississippi Mud but a darker tint & wild honey)
- Glenwood Brown (with turmeric & saffron)
Liked the post? Do give it a thumbs-up 👍 and follow the blog to get post updates!
P.S: All those who have used these lip balms kindly leave your valuable feedback in the comments section below 👇… Thankyou 🙏