Hello friends! With winter ☃️ around skin tends to loose its moisture and becomes dry… U would need a moisturiser that is super-moisturising and long-lasting one than the whipped body butter (I have already shared this recipe here). These lotion bars are smooth like butter and when placed on the body and rubbed on the skin, it melts a little for the body’s heat and a thin layer gets applied.
Since all the ingredients used have a shelf life of more than a year, it can be prepared in bulk n stored. They are convinient to pack n carry while traveling … Letz c how to prepare these…
- 1/2 C shredded bees-wax
- 1/2 C pure n raw Shea butter & Cocoa butter
- 1/2 C unrefined n cold pressed coconut oil (I have always used fresh coconut oil from our farm 🌴, while buying check for unrefined and cold pressed ones.), jojoba oil & sweet almond oil
- 0.25% dilution of pure essential oils (Lavender / Rose 🌹/ Geranium / Ylang Ylang ) <*optional>
- Silicon moulds / glass or metal jar with airtight lid
- Take water 💦 in a sauce pan / double boiler and wait till it comes to boil. Place a wide mouthed heat resistant ceramic/glass bowl on the pan as shown below (Instead you can use a double boiler if you have one). Add shredded bees-wax and stir with a metal spoon until it melts.
- Add butters of your choice, once its half melted switch of the flame 🔥 and keep stirring until it completely melts.
- Add coconut oil and stir until it melts.
- Then add essential oils of your choice.
- Using a fine metal mesh, filter the liquid into silicon moulds. Let them sit un-disturbed for an hour for it to harden n set.
- Un-mould the lotion bars and rub them on your skin, they are extremely moisturising and perfect 👌 way to protect your skin this winter!
Alternately you can filter the above prepared liquid into glass jars and use it too…
Why these ingredients?
Check these blogs for detailed info:
For infants 👶 and kids <2years of age it’s best to use only pure carrier oil (sweet almond oil/ coconut oil/ olive oil). Do not get fooled by branded baby oils or baby lotions (do read the ingredients). For my LO I used to massage extra virgin olive oil half an hour before bath, then apply the same as moisturiser after bath! After 2yrs I’ve started using homemade lotions and body butters without essential oils…
However if you are not in a DIY mode, I do sell very limited of these on my facebook buy sell group – eco friendly ma. Interested folks do join the group! For friends abroad do check if your products are safe in EGW skin deep database or download their app Healthy Living.
P.S: Essential oils are to be used in a diluted form. Read the how to use & word of caution section in my post on essential oils to know the details.