Hello friends! I have been a great fan of the conventional coconut cookies bought from the bakery… But after knowing the creepy ingredients used in them (preservatives, artificial colours, flavours n fats) I ve just stopped buying them.. As a Möm I just cannot take chances with my LO’s 👩👦health at the same time I don’t want him to feel deprived of the sweet treat! So I started learning n doing it myself… That’s the main intention behind all these experiments… I do wanna share the best👌recipes among them with as many Möms as possible (sry am not being biased, Dads too…) N one such superb recipe is this organic coconut 🌴 cookies 🍪!
<This blog is under amazon affiliate program, when you click on the link it will take you to the products in amazon, and if you buy them we would earn a referral fee which is the only source of income for the blog. Thank you!>
- 1/4C grated fresh coconut 🌴
- 1C organic wheat maida / all-purpose flour
- 1C organic sugar
- 2inch of vanilla pod
- Butter as much as required to make dough (around 1/2C)
- 1/2tsp baking soda
- Preheat the oven to 180C/350F.
- Dry roast the grated coconut until the you get the dry coconut aroma (around 5 mins).
- In a large bowl sieve the flour n baking soda.
- Add powdered sugar n vanilla pod.
- Add grated n roasted coconut.
- Add melted butter little by little and mix…
- Until it becomes dough as show below 👇
- Make small balls with the dough and gently press it in your palm n smooth the edges. Place them on the greased baking tray.
- Bake them at 180C for about 15mins or until it turns golden brown and cracks on top are visible like this 👇
- Gently transfer the cookies to a wired rack. Leave to cool completely.
- Lip-smacking n guilt-free coconut cookies 🍪 are ready to be served!