Many of u might think the title is contradictory, pulao n nutritious??? Yes this is – I’ve used just 1tsp of ghee, coconut milk, carrot n beetroot juice, spinach juice n loads of veggies- convinced? N it tastes real good!
How to prepare 3 juices:Coconut milk – Add shredded fresh coconut into the mixer, and a little water 💦 n blend for few minutes until thick n creamy. Strain it n squeeze using a muslin/cheese cloth. Simple! Similarly prepare the below juices..
Carrot n beetroot juice – I have used 1 large carrot n beetroot.
Spinach/palak juice – I have used 1 big bunch of spinach leaves…
Ingredients for the Veggie Pulao:
- 1 tsp ghee
- Spices ( Cumin, 5 cloves, 5 cardamoms, 1/2inch cinnamon, 1 bay leaf ) (adjust according to your taste)
- 1 tsp ginger-garlic paste
- 8 green chilies sliced lengthwise (this will b a little spicy, adjust according to your taste)
- 2 large onions sliced lengthwise
- Cut Vegetables (1 Carrot, 1 potato, beans, cauliflower,fresh peas )
- 2C basmati rice 🍚
- 3C of above prepared juices
- Salt to taste
- Soak basmati rice 🍚 in water.
- Add ghee in a non-stick/thick bottom cooking pan, add spices n sauté until fragrant.
- Add ginger-garlic paste, green chillies n onions n sauté until onions turn light pink like this 👇
- Add the veggies, sprinkle some salt n sauté for 2 mins. Close the lid n let the vegetables get steamed for 10 mins.
- Drain the water n add the basmati rice 🍚 n sauté.
- Finally add 3C of juices and add salt accordingly. (Taste the liquid n check)
- Cook it in the rice cooker… Once done, transfer to serving bowl and serve piping hot along with raitha!