Cottage cheese / paneer can be used in preparing many dishes like – BBQ paneer, palak paneer, paneer butter masala, paneer pizza 🍕 etc… and chhena is used in preparing many desserts like rasagulla, rasmalai, rajbhog, sandesh etc… Both are very simple to prepare and hardly takes 15mins…
- 1ltr organic whole milk
- 1/2C sour curd or half lemon 🍋
- Bring organic whole milk to boil ( read this to find out more about why organic milk)…
- When it comes to boil, simmer and add 1/2 cup of sour curd / squeeze half lemon 🍋 juice gradually while stirring continuously. Within 2 minutes, milk solid and whey (liquid portion) will start to separate..
- When it separates completely, transfer it to a colander / large sieve having cheesecloth lined over it and drain the whey.
- Rinse cheese under running water to remove residual lemony taste, incase you’ve used lemon 🍋 juice… if u used sour curd skip this step.
- Tightly press with a lid to remove any whey….
Cottage cheese/ paneer cubes:
- Place weight on top and refrigerate for for few hrs.
- Remove from the refrigerator and unfold the cloth..
- Gently cut into cubes… Homemade cottage cheese/ paneer is ready!
Chhena (skip the above 3 steps)
- Once all the whey gets dropped off, knead it so that it acquires a very soft and smooth consistency like this 👇
- Homemade chhena is ready! Many dessert can be prepared with this, stay tuned for the recipes …
Liked the post? Do give it a thumbs up 👍 and subscribe for post updates…
2 thoughts on “Homemade organic cottage cheese 🧀/paneer n chhena”