Whole wheat 🌾 flour is rich in dietary fiber and manganese, and magnesium.
All-purpose flour / maida is wheat that has been processed into 60% extraction i.e 40% of the original wheat grain is removed, and only 60% is left. Unfortunately, the 40% that gets removed includes the bran and the germ of the wheat grain—it’s most nutrient-rich parts! Over half of the vitamin B1, B2, B3, E, folic acid, calcium, phosphorus, zinc, copper, iron, and fiber are lost!
So friends when you have a choice, do opt for whole wheat 🌾 over all-purpose flour but if you have to use all-purpose flour do choose unbleached one!
These cookies made out of whole wheat 🌾 n jaggery are extremely crunchy, crispy n yum…
- 1C organic whole wheat 🌾 flour
- 1C grated n powdered organic jaggery
- 100gms melted unsalted homemade butter
- Pinch of cardamom powder
- Pinch of salt
- 1/2tsp baking soda
How to prepare?
- Sieve the wheat flour, salt n baking soda.
- Add half of the butter and mix so that texture becomes crumby.
- Add grated n powdered jaggery..
- Add little butter n mix it with your hands until it becomes soft cookie dough like this 👇
- Preheat the oven and shape dough into smooth balls (size of a tennis 🎾 ball) n gently flatten them, place a plastic cover on it and roll them gently as shown below 👇
- Remove the cover n with cookie cutter cut different shapes…
- Gently lift them using a blunt knife and place them on the greased baking tray or tray lined with parchment/ butter paper…
- Bake them for 10 to 12 mins at 180C or until done (smell n color will tell u)…
- Gently transfer the cookies to a wired rack. Leave to cool completely.
Crispy n crunchy whole wheat 🌾 n jaggery cookies are ready! Now that you know it’s completely made of goodies you needn’t say no when your LO asks for – one more cookie!
Liked the post? Do give it a thumbs up 👍 and subscribe for post updates…