In Sanskrit language paramAnnaM literally means the supreme / ultimate / absolute (param) food (AnnaM) or the food fit for gods! And it truly is!
1/2 C organic semi brown rice
1/2 C organic yellow moong dal
1 1/2 C organic grated jaggery
1/2 C organic milk
Pinch of cardamom powder
1 tbsp grated dry coconut
1 tsp homemade organic ghee
10-20 Cashew nuts
- In a pressure cooker dry roast moong dal until fragrant.
- Once it cools, add the rice and wash with water 💦. Later add 3 C of water and let it cook for 4 whistles.
- Meanwhile grate jaggery.
- In a saucepan add the grated jaggery and 1 C of water 💦 and allow the jaggery to melt completely and let it come to boil for 5 mins.
- Later filter it through a metal sieve And add cardamom powder.
- Open the pressure cooker, simmer and add the above prepared jaggery liquid to it and stir. Let it boil until it comes to a thick consistency.
- Add ghee & the grated dry coconut powder and stir.
- Switch of the flame 🔥 and add 1/2C of milk to it and stir it once.
- As it cools, the milk will get absorbed and will turn into a little thick pudding consistency like this 👇
- Garnish with roasted cashews. Jaggery, rice n moongdal pudding / Paramannam is ready! It tastes heavenly and is packed full of nutrients. Do try it out…
In India 🇮🇳 this is prepared as nivedyam (offering to God) specially during our harvest festival..
Liked the post? Do give it a thumbs up 👍 and subscribe for post updates.