What’s a toner n why is it important to tone after cleansing?
- It refreshes skin.
- It shrinks pores.
- It gives your skin pH balance. Our skin is naturally acidic, normally with a pH balance of between five and six. After cleansing, due to the alkaline nature of soap, the pH balance of skin gets disturbed. When this happens your skin needs to work overtime to restore the balance, using a toner helps to restore this balance quickly.
- It adds a layer of protection. Toners can help close pores and tighten cell gaps after cleansing, thus reducing the penetration of impurities and environmental contaminants into the skin.
- It can prevent ingrown hairs.
- 1C organic witch hazel
- 3/4C sun ☀️ dried red rose 🌹 petals
Why these ingredients ?
Witch hazel is a topical astringent derived from the bark and leaves of hamamelis virginiana shrub. Read this article to know more about it’s uses.
Red rose 🌹 ( damascus rose ) are antiseptic, antioxidant and makes the scars and after marks of boils, acne and pox on the skin fade quickly. It’s aroma is exquisite, feminine, powerful, seductive, keeps you charged and feeling happy 😊!
How to prepare?
- Wash the rose petals and let them sun ☀️ dry completely.
- Fill them in a glass jar.
- Add 1C of witch hazel and with a fork gently press the rose petals until completely soaked in witch hazel.
- Close the lid and store in a dry n dark place for about 3 days.
- By then, the rose petals would have turned into pale color n the witch hazel would have absorbed the color n essence of the roses n would look like this 👇
- Using a fine metal mesh, filter n collect the witch hazel. Use a metal spoon n gently squeeze the rose petals n collect the witch hazel. Store it in a airtight glass jar. Rose n witch hazel toner s ready to be used!
How to use?
- After cleansing n pat drying, take a small amount of toner n damp a soft cotton ball or pad and gently wipe your face with it!
- It can also be used as after shave / after wax astringent.
Liked the post? Do give it a thumbs up 👍 and subscribe for post updates…