Khoya can be used in preparing many dishes and Indian desserts like palkova , gulab jamun, carrot halwa, beetroot halwa, coconut & kova burfi etc. Stay tuned for the recipes.. Khoya is nothing but solidified milk. It’s real simple but takes about an hour to prepare. It requires occasional stirring, so in order to save time, you can simultaneously prepare this while cooking other dishes…
1 ltr organic whole milk
How to prepare:
- Take 1 litre whole organic milk in a heavy bottomed wide mouthed vessel and let it come to boil.
- Once the milk boils, reduce flame to low and scrap the sides of the vessel and stir occasionally.
- In around 2 hours the milk reduces to 1/4th, changing into a pale yellow colour.
- To avoid burning of milk, at this stage transfer it to a nonstick pan and keep stirring until it turns into thick solid consistency like this 👇
- Khoya / kova / solidified milk is ready!
- If not using immediately store in an airtight container and refrigerate. It will stay fresh for a week.
Liked the post? Do give it a thumbs up 👍 and subscribe for post updates…