I believe in having a completely healthy n nutrient packed breakfast. Probably because of the misleading advertisements these days many are in the notion that branded ready to eat cereals are healthy and are even giving them as breakfast to their kids… I am no exception until I came to know that the mainstream cereals are so heavily processed that they do not have natural nutrients, that’s why most of them are sprayed with vitamins, minerals, and sometimes fortified with protein. It’s the ultimate fake food. Read this to know more… I’ve never touched them again!
Instead choose an amazing “super cereal” that is full of proteins, minerals, is anti-microbial, has ani-cancer potential, controls diabetes, reduces bad cholesterol, prevents cardiovascular diseases and is anti-aging and lots more – finger millet / ragi. It’s truly a super cereal! Many traditional Indian dishes can be made with ragi like ragi siri(can be given as 1st food for infants 👶 ), ragi malt, ragi roti, ragi mudhe/ball etc will share the recipies soon…
Infact all our traditional Indian breakfasts are healthy with few exceptions but in case ur in a hurry n in no time to prepare them or ur LO is in a rush to school n is fussy eating breakfast, try this power packed smoothie… It takes max 12mins to prepare… Make a big glass full and sip it… It’s truely a power-packed 💪 super food! Alternately can have it before or after breakfast…
- 1 tbsp organic malted ragi flour <it will be available in most organic stores or you can make it at home – post to come up soon>
- 1 n 1/2 C water 💦
- Pinch of himalayan pink salt / normal salt
- 1 C homemade organic yoghurt / curd
How to prepare?
- In a bowl mix 1tbsp of ragi malt flour with 1/2 C of water 💦 and mix it to make paste.
- Heat 1C of water 💦 in a saucepan and once it comes to boil add the above prepared paste.
- Stir well n let it boil for about 10 mins. Add a pinch of salt to taste and switch off the flame 🔥 and allow it to cool.
- Take curd in a bowl, using a hand churner, churn it for a minute or until it turns into a smooth consistency as shown 👇
- Add the above prepared ragi malt to this churned curd and churn in again.
- Pour into a glass and relish the power packed nutritious smoothie, cheers 🍻 to good health…
Liked the post? Do give it a thumbs up 👍 and subscribe for post updates…