Coconut chutney is prepared at almost every home for breakfasts in India… But this one is a variant n as the name suggests as 3 flavours all in one – sweet from jaggery n coconut, sour from tamarind n spicy from red chillies 🌶… This chutney tastes best with hot rice 🍚 or rotis in lunch / dinner… It’s very simple and takes just 10mins to prepare..
- 1C chopped fresh coconut meal
- 2 tbsp grated jaggery
- 1 tbsp tamarind
- 2 red chillies 🌶 <adjust according to taste>
- 1/2 tbsp cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp urad dal
- 1 tsp oil
- Salt according to taste
How to prepare?
- In a frying pan add oil, once it’s hot, add cumin seeds, dal n chillies 🌶 one after the other n fry until the dal turns into light brown colour as in the pic 👇. Switch off the flame 🔥 n allow it to cool.
- Chop coconut meal, soak the tamarind in water 💦 and keep aside..
- In the mixer first add the cumin+dal+chilly mix and run it once… Later add coconut, tamarind, grated jaggery n salt and blend it by adding required water 💦 until it turn into chutney consistency…
- Sweet sour n spicy 🌶 coconut chutney is ready! This tastes best with hot rice 🍚 or rotis…
Liked the recipe? Do give it a thumbs up 👍 and subscribe for post updates…