Chocolate brownie is my favourite dessert – particularly hot chocolate brownie with vanilla ice cream 🍨… I always have used this recipe with whole wheat 🌾 flour and honey 🍯 to make brownies.
However this time I have tried a more healthy version in which I’ve not used sugar and used dark chocolate 🍫- this would result in a dark chocolate brownie which s less sweet and more chocolatey.
N another in which I’ve added little organic sugar and I’ve used milk chocolate instead of dark n this would taste real yum. 😋 like the brownie from the bakery. U can prepare plain or add hazel nuts / walnuts / almonds..
- 1 n 1/4C whole wheat flour
- 1/4 C raw cacao powder
- 1tsp baking soda
- Pinch of himalayan pink salt
- 2 inch vanilla pod
- 1/4 C melted unsalted homemade organic butter
- 3/4 C organic sugar <*optional>
- 2 tbsp wild honey 🍯
- 1/2 to 3/4C organic milk
- 2 eggs 🥚
- 100 grams chocolate 🍫 < dark chocolate >
- Chopped nuts <*optional>
- Cacao nibs <*optional to sprinkle on top>
How to make?
- Bring milk to boil and scrape vanilla pod and sugar, simmer for 2-3minutes and remove from heat and keep aside.
- Preheat the oven to 180C and grease the baking tray with butter.
- Seive and mix whole wheat flour, cocoa pwd, baking pwd and salt and keep aside.
- In a bowl add beaten eggs, melted butter, honey, milk with vanilla extract and blend until fluffy.
- Add the prepared dry flour mixture little by little into the puree and mix by folding gently.
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler and add it to the above prepared cake batter.
- Pour the batter into the cup cake moulds / greased baking tray.
- Bake the cake for 30mins or until done.
- Yummy 😋 whole wheat and honey chocolate cake will be ready.
Liked the recipe? Do give it a thumbs up and subscribe for post updates.