Mascara is used to enhance, darken, thicken, lengthen and define the eyelashes. It is defelitely in my must-have-makeup-list! Eye 👁 makeup <kajal, mascara & eye shadow> being my favourite of all, I do like using them frequently! But since most of the commercial ones are made of harmful chemicals and I belive cosmetic products should make you feel and look beautiful without potentially harming you I have made my own kajal & mascara and it’s real good that am using it everyday!
<This blog is under amazon affiliate program. To buy the ingredients or the accessories please click on the links and it will take you to the products on amazon. If you buy from there, we would earn a referral fee, which is the only source of income for the blog. Thank-you!>
- 1 part Almond & castor oil khol powder
- 1 part Bees wax
- 1/2 part Wild honey 🍯
- 1 part Coconut oil
- 1/2 part Castor oil
<This recipe is adapted from the book zero waste home by Bea Johnson ! I just love the book and would recomend everyone to read it, she is such an inspiring human being!>
How to prepare?
- In a double boiler add beeswax and once it melts add the almond khol.
- Switch of the flame and add coconut oil, castor oil & honey.
- Filter using a fine metal mesh into a airtight glass jar.
- Let cool to solidify. Stir vigorously to make a paste. Almond mascara will be ready.
This is completely safe and can be even used for kids or anyone. All the ingredients used are soo good that they help strengthen your eye lashes and might even help them grow thicker and longer! And the shelf life of all the ingredients used is soo long that it should last easily for a year or more. Also please note that this is a nondrying, semi water-resistant and conditioning formula!
How to apply n store??
- Brush the eye lashes up and outward to create a neat shape using a eye groomer like this.
- Roll a clean mascara wand like this into the mascara paste.
- Scrape off excess to the edge of the glass container and wiggle onto the eye lashes.
- Repeat application to achieve desired thickness.
- Use the comb in the eye groomer to separate your lashes after applying mascara.
- Keep your wand clean, dry & away from dust by using a cap <I’ve reused a old pen cap>.
Keeping personal hygiene in mind all the personal grooming, cosmetic products (the mascara) and accessories (the wand & ) are not to be shared and are to be used by a individual only.
I will sell very limited editions of mascara on my facebook buy sell group – eco friendly ma. Interested folks do join the group! For friends abroad do check if your products are safe in EGW skin deep database or download their app Healthy Living.
Liked the post? Do give it a thumbs up 👍 and subscribe for post updates.
One thought on “All-natural Organic Almond n Castor Oil Mascara”