Almonds are just amazing in taste and are powerpacked with super nutrients like – biotin, vitamin E, manganese, copper, vitamin B12, phosphorous, magnesium, molybdenum & fiber! My LO loves having variety of nuts & dry fruits for snacks daily. Thanks to the Ajfan dates & nuts store near by that I get them, all fresh n that too unpacked, I carry my tins n jars n they fill it up for me! All I have to do is place them in the shelf, isn’t that cool! <Well if u think 🤔 it’s kinda crazy learn more about zerowastehome here.>
📌 Do you know?
- Many researches found that nut consumption is linked to a lower risk for heart disease. Almonds are high in monounsaturated fats, which have been associated with reduced risk of heart disease. Care about your heart? Go Nuts 😉!!
- Almonds provide double-barrelled protection against diabetese and cardiovascular disease.
- Almond’s healthy fats may help you lose weight.
- Almonds help prevent gallstones.
Read this article to find almond nutrition facts in detail.
- 1C Almonds
- 1/4C organic sugar
- Few strands of saffron
- Few cardamoms
How to make?
- Soak the almonds overnight in bowl of water 💦.
- Drain the water and peal the almonds.
- On a very low flame dry roast them until they turn a light brown, like this 👇 <optionally you can half the almonds to fasten the roasting>
- Add saffron & cardamom to the mixer.
- Add sugar to it and blend to a fine powder and keep it aside.
- Add almonds to the mixer and blend low in short intervals to attain a course powder. <*over blending will release oils from the almond and it would turn into a paste instead, plz note!>
- Finally add the above prepared sugar powder and blend it once. Voila! homemade almond / badam powder is ready!
- This s soo rich in nutrients, taste & flavour too. It can be used in preparing hot/cold badam milk 🥛 and can be added to prepare several desserts like badam kova, badam kheer, badam kulfi <recipes to come up soon> etc.
Liked the recipe? Do give it a thumbs up 👍 and subscribe for post updates. Try it out and share how it turned out in the comments below 👇. Thankyou!