If there was any household chore that I disliked the most it was washing dishes, I did analyse 🤔 the cause & it’s not disliking the task but rather it’s the dishwashing detergent / liquid that I hated… It would really irritate my hands.
- Though we have a helper to wash the dishes – there were many problems like at times she doesn’t turn up.
- I use a lot of crockery 🍽 ☕️🍲and glass 🥛🍹ware on a daily basis, and sometimes they get broken when they are being washed, and it does pain to see ur favourite crockery getting broken 😕. Well I like crockery & glass ware and no I don’t hide any for the special guests or occasions, <s’nt family the most special ⁉️ 🤔>… I buy stuff only that I use regularly, coz I find it waste of space & money to buy and safeguard something I barely use…
- Though the helper cleans the dishes I rinse them with water 💦 before usage for the fear that if there s any detergent particles they might enter our body, but I really don’t like rinsing the crockery, glass & cutlery before using as I like them being dry and can’t use them directly either 😐 so end up hand washing them.
- And I wouldn’t let anyone else do my LO’s bottles n dishes until he was 1yr old. I used to wash everything with chickpea flour <add a little water and make a paste, and use it instead of detergent> and then sterilise in hot water which was a very time consuming task to do on a daily basis and after every meal!
📌 But the chickpea flour paste (required flour + little water 💦) is the best eco friendly alternative for hand washing utensils. It cleans up real well and plus your hands 🖐 remain soft & smooth! I had initially bought a mild dishwashing liquid all packed in plastic & that’s not pocket friendly too for my LOs dishes, but thanks to my MIL who taught me to use the chickpea flour instead! Now, when ever I have to handwash any dishes I use this…
<This blog is under Amazon affiliate program and if you click through those links and buy products from Amazon, we would earn referral fees. Thankyou!>
To resolve all these issues we bought a dishwasher <both this and this are good>, as it would wash with hot water sprinklers and would dry the dishes too… Not as a replacement for the helper though, but to use it once daily for the crockery, glass & cutlery. I really loved 😍 it! But there were few things that really bothered me –
- The dishwasher detergent – its full of chemicals and not pocket friendly too.
- The dishwasher rinse aid – same applies to this too.
- Since we get soft water for the home, we didn’t need to use the dishwasher salt, thank god!
I was really not happy buying these chemical laden products all packed in plastic month after month. So I did read a lot of articles for eco friendly alternatve & after few trials found the best that works real good! I am using these till date and they work really well!
- Soap nut liquid concentrate as dishwasher detergent. <check out my previous blog on DIY bio-degradable laundry detergent on how to make it – it’s very easy to prepare, I use the same concentrate except that I don’t add essential oil to it>
- White vinegar as dishwasher rinse aid. <I buy the edible ones like this that are sold in a glass bottle, and of course I re-use the bottles.>
These really solved my problems! I store 3 bottles of soapnut liquid in my refrigerator and prepare it once it gets over probably 2weeks once. For all friends abroad and those who are using dishwasher in India, I hope you will give this a try!
Now that I need to pre-sterilise all the glass ware to pack the ecofriendlyma cosmetic products, it’s a real help!
Found the post informative? Do give it a thumbs up 👍 and share your thoughts & do try and let us know the results in comments below 👇. Also do subscribe for post updates!