Though baking the pizza base consumes a little time it’s totally worth it as nothing can beat the homemade taste and bonus is that your home will be filled with the smell of fresh baked bread!
For the base:
- 150 gms unbleached all-purpose flour / whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp instant yeast <+1/2 tsp if using whole wheat flour>
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tbsp olive oil
- Around 80 ml of water
- 1 onion chopped
- 3 garlic pods finely chopped
- Chopped vegetables (u can use any combination of these veggies – green, yellow, red bell peppers, mushrooms, spinach leaves, sweet corn, baby corn, broccoli, olives)
- Salt as required
- Grated organic cedar cheese
- Oregano powder
- Chilly flakes
- Homemade pizza sauce <recipe to come up soon>
- Homemade tomato sauce <recipe to come up soon>
The pizza base:
- Combine all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Knead until well combined and gather into a ball.
- Cover the bowl with a plate and keep in a warm place. (Like your oven or a closed shelf)
- Let rise for 45 mins or until the dough doubles in size. <To knead it, i.e. to prepare the dough until this step I use a bread maker, since I have one. But frankly speaking it’s of very little use & is not required.>
- Scrape the dough off the bowl onto the work area with generously floured fingers, knead with your knuckles.
- Spread the dough onto a greased pizza pan.
- Cover it and keep in a warm place, let rise for 20 mins.
- Apply pizza sauce & top it with desired veggies.
- Sprinkle grated cheese, salt & oregano powder.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 25mins.
Liked the recipe? Do give it a thumbs up 👍 and subscribe for post updates.