Though I don’t drink coffee I do love the aroma of fresh ground coffee powder. Btw my hubby starts his day with a strong cup of coffee ☕️ <though he drinks only 1 cup a day, he likes it real strong>. All these days I was using the instant coffee powder. But when ever I crossed the – coffee day’s fresh & ground store, I was very much temped to buy it and moreover fresh ground coffee powder can be bought unpacked, for those who aren’t aware of, I am very much inspired by Bea Johnson the pioneer of zerowaste movement, author & founder of zerowastehome,..<Btw even while buying instant coffee powder I always used to opt for the ones packed in glass jars and reuse them later as spice jars and now I don’t need more as my spice rack is full.>
<To purchase the accessories or ingredients plz click on the links, it will take you to the product on amazon page. This blog is under Amazon associates program and if you click through those links and buy products from Amazon, we would earn referral fees, thank-you!>
- Small stainless steel coffee filter
- Steel & glass electric kettle <to boil water>
- Traditional tumbler with dabara <to serve filter coffee in a authentic style>
Ingredients for 1C of coffee:
- 1-2 tsp of fresh ground coffee powder
- 3/4C organic whole milk
- 1/4C water
- 1tsp organic sugar <or according to taste>
How to prepare the coffee decoction?
- Take a stainless steel coffee filter, it consists of 2 cylindrical vessel – bottom one for collecting brewed coffee decoction and the top one with perforated holes for adding ground coffee powder, pressing disk and a lid.
- Add in 2-3 tsp of fresh ground coffee powder into the top cylinder with small holes.
- Tap once and using the pressing disk press tight.
- Instantly boil water using and electric kettle and pour slowly into the top cylinder of the coffee filter.
- Cover the lid and leave it undisturbed for 10 minutes.
- The decoction would have collected at the bottom cylinder of the coffee filter. <Btw don’t discard the left over coffee powder instead put it in your compost bin or directly add to the soil. It’s a good manure for the plants! Isn’t this absolutely zero waste?!>
How to prepare filter coffee?
- Boil 3/4C of milk.
- When it comes to boil add in sugar.
- Add 1/4C of coffee decoction.
- Pour into the tumbler & then to the dabara and mix once for a frothy filter coffee!
Liked the post? Do give it a thumbs up 👍 and subscribe for post updates.