Sabja / sweet basil seeds are power packed with nutrients & have immense health benifits – they are full of fiber thereby cleanse the inner stomach, helpful in weight reduction, used to treat digestion problems, cures constipation & bloating, treats acidity & heart burn, helpful to make your hair healthy and shining as it contains adequate amount of vitamin K, protein and iron, helpful to relive from skin infections, helpful to relieve respiratory disorder, sore throats, cough & flue, and also are helpful in controlling the blood sugar levels.
They are one of the best body coolants. They are known to lower your body heat, which is why it is often added to refreshing drinks 🍹/ desserts 🍧 during summer ☀️ ! Let’s c how to make falooda using these Sabja seeds…
- 1tbsp sabja / sweet basil seeds
- 2tbsp semolina / semiya
- 2C whole organic milk
- 2tbsp organic raw sugar
- 1cardamom pod
- Water as required
- A dash of Rose syrup
- Homemade organic vanilla ice-cream / any vanilla ice-cream
- Chopped pita / almond nuts
How to make?
- Rinse sabj seeds – add water to the sabja seeds and drain the water through a fine mesh.
- Soak sabja seeds – add 2C of water and let the sabja seeds soak for an hour, leave aside.
- Then roast the semolina add a cup of water and cook for 2mins or until done. Drain the water, rinse with cold water and keep aside.
- Bring 2C of milk to boil, add sugar and fresh ground cardamom powder and let it boil until reduced to half ie 1C.
- Once the milk becomes warm add the above cooked semolina to it and refrigerate for an hour or leave in freezer for 15mins.
- Drain the water from the soaked sabja seeds.
- Now take the ice-cream glass –
- 1st add a dash of rose syrup to the walls @ the bottom of the glass.
- 2nd add 1tbsp of soaked sabja seeds.
- 3rd add 2tbsps of condensed milk with semolina.
- 4th add a scoop of vanilla icecream.
- N finally garnish with chopped nuts.
- Beat the heat ☀️ with this homemade yummy falooda🍧…
Liked the recipe? Do give it a thumbs up 👍and subscribe for new blog updates. Thankyou!