Doesn’t it pain to see kids often catching cold 🥶 and cough 😷 and suffering with phlegm frequently in the winters. Who would like the frequent doctor visits, the medicines and their ill side effects.
What if there is something that Mother Nature has already given us, exactly during winters, that can prevent all these and boost our immunity but we aren’t aware of.. which was used since ages by our ancestors and as Ayurvedic medicine too.. the Amla / Gooseberries!
To know more about their health benefits please check this link. One way to consume it and make it interesting to kids is to prepare this gooseberry mocktail. This is the medicine in disguise, with all the benefits, an immunity booster and awesome taste!
- 8 gooseberries
- 1/2” ginger
- 1C water 💦
- 1/4th tsp black salt
- 1 lemon 🍋
- 20tsp organic sugar
- Pinch of fresh ground cardamom powder
- Few strands of saffron (optional)
- Honey 🍯 (optional)
How to prepare?
- Wash and dry 8 gooseberries. Deseed and cut them into pieces.
- Blend with pealed and diced ginger and 1C of water 💦 into fine consistency as below 👇🏼.
- Using a muslin cloth squeeze the juice out of it and discard (ahem or compost) the pulp.
- To this gooseberry syrup add a pinch of fresh ground cardamom powder, black salt, few strands of saffron.
- In a sauce pan add 20tsps of sugar and just add enough water 💦 to cover it, bring it to boil and once it comes to thin string consistency switch off the flame 🔥 and let it cool to room temperature.
- Later add the gooseberries syrup and squeeze one full lemon juice into it. Store in an airtight glass jar or a bottle and store in refrigerator.
- When ever u wanna have a glass of gooseberry mocktail all you need to do is take 1/4th of this stored gooseberry syrup and 3/4th of water 💦 and voila it’s ready. It tastes soo yum 😋, kids would love it, and this s the best medicine to prevent cold 🥶 and cough 😷 and to boost the immunity specially in the winters!
If u like the blog do give it a thumbs up 👍. Thankyou!
Hello friends! Finally I tried out fresh whipped cream and it turned out yum n guilt free one. It needs just 3ingredients and is a very simple recipe. Do try it out..
- 1C fresh organic milk cream
- 4 tbsp of organic sugar pwd
- 1cm vanilla pod grated
Add fresh cream, sugar & vanilla into the bowl and place the whisks of the electric blender in it and freeze for 15mins. <This is very important and would help the cream not turning to butter while whisking.>
Then remove and whisk in low mode until it turns fluffy <would take 5 to 10mins>. You could even try with a hand whisker, but it would take more time and would be a good workout for you 😉 Be very careful not to over blend as it will result in butter. It is good to go when the cream holds peak shapes as shown below. Thats it! This whipped cream swirls beautifully.
This is the base recipe, go creative by adding different natural flavours <probably you could try fresh berries, orange or lemon zest, grated coconut etc> !
It crowns cupcakes, can sandwich between biscuits to make homemade cream biscuit, decor cakes, could be had with fresh fruits, however you wish to!
Hope you liked the recipe! Do give it a thumbs up 👍 and subscribe to the blog! Thankyou 🙏!
Both my kid n hubby love ice-cream n specially kulfi! There was a time when my hubby used to go to the shop and have them daily after dinner 😐, n as u guys might be knowing by now 😄, I wanted to try it 👩🍳 at home, coz I wasn’t sure of the purity of ingredients used. The recipe is damn simple and the best part is that it tasted soo yum! Both of them said it is the best kulfi ever tasted!
Let the condensed milk come to boil, add the all the above mentioned ingredients and stir for few minutes.
Allow it to cool and pour into kulfi moulds.
Place them in freezer for 2hrs or so. Tada thats it, un-mould, lick 😋 n enjoy!
The recipe is very simple, and trust me the kulfis tasted real yum, rich & authentic. Do try it out, ur family is really gonna love it…
Whole wheat pav and hot bhaji made from fresh veggies and homemade butter, hmm this truly is an awesome snack!
Continue reading Homemade Pav Bhaji
Sabja / sweet basil seeds are power packed with nutrients & have immense health benifits – they are full of fiber thereby cleanse the inner stomach, helpful in weight reduction, used to treat digestion problems, cures constipation & bloating, treats acidity & heart burn, helpful to make your hair healthy and shining as it contains adequate amount of vitamin K, protein and iron, helpful to relive from skin infections, helpful to relieve respiratory disorder, sore throats, cough & flue, and also are helpful in controlling the blood sugar levels.
They are one of the best body coolants. They are known to lower your body heat, which is why it is often added to refreshing drinks 🍹/ desserts 🍧 during summer ☀️ ! Let’s c how to make falooda using these Sabja seeds…
Continue reading Homemade Falooda 🍧
Raw papaya is power packed with nutrients, check this to know in detail.. N these raw papaya cutlets are soo crisp n yum..
Continue reading Raw papaya & cabbage vada / cutlets
Palakhowa is a traditional milk sweet which can be prepared no time once the khoya is ready…
- 1C Homemade organic khoya
- 3/4C Organic raw sugar <add according to your taste>
- pinch of cardamom powder (optional)
Continue reading Homemade palakhowa