Doesn’t it pain to see kids often catching cold 🥶 and cough 😷 and suffering with phlegm frequently in the winters. Who would like the frequent doctor visits, the medicines and their ill side effects.
What if there is something that Mother Nature has already given us, exactly during winters, that can prevent all these and boost our immunity but we aren’t aware of.. which was used since ages by our ancestors and as Ayurvedic medicine too.. the Amla / Gooseberries!
To know more about their health benefits please check this link. One way to consume it and make it interesting to kids is to prepare this gooseberry mocktail. This is the medicine in disguise, with all the benefits, an immunity booster and awesome taste!
- 8 gooseberries
- 1/2” ginger
- 1C water 💦
- 1/4th tsp black salt
- 1 lemon 🍋
- 20tsp organic sugar
- Pinch of fresh ground cardamom powder
- Few strands of saffron (optional)
- Honey 🍯 (optional)
How to prepare?
- Wash and dry 8 gooseberries. Deseed and cut them into pieces.
- Blend with pealed and diced ginger and 1C of water 💦 into fine consistency as below 👇🏼.
- Using a muslin cloth squeeze the juice out of it and discard (ahem or compost) the pulp.
- To this gooseberry syrup add a pinch of fresh ground cardamom powder, black salt, few strands of saffron.
- In a sauce pan add 20tsps of sugar and just add enough water 💦 to cover it, bring it to boil and once it comes to thin string consistency switch off the flame 🔥 and let it cool to room temperature.
- Later add the gooseberries syrup and squeeze one full lemon juice into it. Store in an airtight glass jar or a bottle and store in refrigerator.
- When ever u wanna have a glass of gooseberry mocktail all you need to do is take 1/4th of this stored gooseberry syrup and 3/4th of water 💦 and voila it’s ready. It tastes soo yum 😋, kids would love it, and this s the best medicine to prevent cold 🥶 and cough 😷 and to boost the immunity specially in the winters!
If u like the blog do give it a thumbs up 👍. Thankyou!