Whole wheat pav and hot bhaji made from fresh veggies and homemade butter, hmm this truly is an awesome snack!
- 1tbsp homemade butter / ghee
- 1tsp chopped garlic
- 2 finely chopped onions
- 2 finely chopped tomatoes
- 1 potato
- 1 carrot
- 1/2C cauliflower florets
- 1/2C capsicum
- 1/2C beans
- 1/2C peas
- Salt as required
- 1 tbsp of Pav Bhaji masala pwd (I’ve used MDH brand)
- Chopped coriander
- Whole wheat buns (I’ve bought from big basket fresho, homemade recipe to cum up soon..)
- 1 Onion sliced
- 1 lemon
How to prepare?
- Peel and cut potato & carrot as cubes, add them in a pressure cooker. Cut all other veggies – cauliflower, capsicum, beans and add peas too to the cooker. Add some water and salt and pressure cook for 4 whistles.
- Meanwhile melt butter in a kadai on non-stick pan, add chopped garlic – sauté until brown , then add onions – sauté until brown, then add chopped tomatoes and sauté for 5mins or until done. Add salt & pav bhaji masala powder as required sauté for a min.
- Mash the cooked veggies in the cooker.
- Add it to the above prepared mixture. Cook for 2mins.
- Switch off the flame and add chopped coriander. Hot bhaji is ready!
- On a dosa pan melt some butter, cut the pav / whole wheat buns horizontally into half and toast them.
- Serve homemade hot bhaji with pav, onion & lemon slices!
Between thanks to my school buddy – Pavithra for teaching me this recipe, ever since this has been a YAY @ my home!
[Liked the flower in the pic – it’s called May flower / Football lilly (Scadoxus / Haemanthus multiflorus), as it blooms only in May. I see them in my garden every May (there where 17 blooms this time!) & feel the plant gifted it for my b’day ☺️ . Btw a lady accidentally hit the plant and 1 flower dropped 😐 hmm so preserved it as seen in the pic.]
P.S: Liked the recipe? Do give it a try! Give the post a thumbs up 👍 & subscribe for post updates..