Did you know (❓)
Raw cacao powder contains up to four times the antioxidants of cocoa powder, and has the highest antioxidant value of all the natural foods!!! Antioxidants protect the body from ageing and disease caused by free radicals.
Between isn’t raw cacao powder n cocoa powder same???
Nope… Raw cacao powder is made by cold-pressing unroasted cocoa beans. The process keeps the living enzymes in the cocoa and removes the fat (cocoa butter).
Cocoa looks the same but it’s not. Cocoa powder is raw cacao that’s been roasted at high temperatures, resulting in reducing the enzyme content and lowering the overall nutritional value.
The studies that boast of chocolate’s amazing health benefits are likely not referring to your average store-bought chocolate bar, instead they are of the raw cacao! It’s another marketing gimmick used by the renowned brands.. Check the ingredients in your chocolate for yourself and if you find any of the ingredients listed in this & this, try to avoid them…
Chocolate making is real simple n fun! U can even include ur kids and do it as an fun activity these summer vacations!
<To DIY plz click on the ingredients, it will take you to product on amazon page. This blog is under Amazon associates program and if you click through those links and buy products from Amazon, I would earn referral fees, thank-you!>
- 2 tbsp organic raw cacao powder
- 2 tbsp unprocessed cocoa butter / organic homemade unsalted butter <I’ve tried with cocoa butter >
- 2 tbsp powdered organic sugar <according to taste>
- Pinch of vanilla pod (powdered along with sugar) <*optional>
- Roasted & chopped nuts <*optional>
You would also need silicon chocolate moulds of ur desired shape n size.
How to make?
- In a double boiler, melt the chopped cocoa butter.
- Off the flame 🔥 & add raw cacao powder & sugar & stir with a metal spoon.
- If you wanna add roasted chopped nuts add them n stir once.
- Gently pour into silicon chocolate moulds and freeze for 10mins.
- Gently pop the chocolate out from the moulds n in to our mouth 😉… They r literally melt in your mouth types.
Between they would definitely not taste like the store bought ones, but my LO was happy eating them & that served my purpose 😊.
My LO has a sweet tooth, <this definitely is hereditary from his dad 👨👦> he needs to have something sweet after lunch n dinner. Hez not bothered about the qty though, hez ok even with a bite size of any sweet. So whatever sweets I make, I tend to make them very small in size 😉… N that’s why I choose these small chocolate moulds too 😊…
Liked the recipe? Do give it a thumbs up 👍 and subscribe for post updates.