One of my favourite starters have been the veg BBQs, ever since I had them in the BBQ nation <a restaurant that is known for its BBQ starters>… We started re-visiting the restaurant just for the starters. I badly wanted to try them @ home and since I didn’t have the equipment & charcoal on hand, kept postponing the trial… Then on one fine day I did try the mushroom BBQ on gas stove top and it turned out real good almost like the restaurant one <btw I say almost as burning on charcoal gives a special taste and since I did on stove top, that flavour was missing but other wise it was 90% similar and close to the taste!> Once the mushroom BBQ turned out good I tried with few more veggies and it was a success, yah! So here comes the recipe..
- Veggies (sweet corn 🌽 , red, yellow & green bell peppers / capsicum , mushrooms 🍄 , paneer, onions)
- 1/2 C homemade organic curd
- 1/2 tsp cumin pwd
- 1/2 tsp coriander pwd
- 1/2 tsp chilly pwd
- pinch of turmeric
- salt as required
- 1tsp homemade organic butter
- 1/4tsp White vinegar <*optional>
- Wash the veggies thoroughly and cut them into big pieces and for mushrooms just remove the stem, strain the water and let them dry.
- Take thick curd and hang in a muslin cloth say for about an hour, it will turn out thick.
- Add all the ingredients except salt to form a thick marinade.
- Now in a large bowl combine the veggies and the above prepared marinade using your hands, the veggies should get all coated with the marinade.
- Close the lid and refrigerate the bowl of veggies for 1-2hours, and allow to marinate.
- Once done, in a non stick pan add a little butter, salt, the marinated veggies and fry them until all the water evaporates.
- When completely cool, thread them to the metal skewer, brush a little melted butter & white vinegar and on high flame 🔥 burn them until little black spots appear, keep turning the skewer back and forth & around until evenly done.
- Sprinkle a little chat masala and veg BBQs are ready! To serve you can arrange them with a mix of vibrant colours! They taste best when had piping hot with the green chutney…
Liked the recipe? Do give it a thumbs up 👍 and subscribe for post update!
One thought on “Homemade Veg BBQ”
looks great! i might try this 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person