Our feet 👣 are amongst the most hard working parts of our body – be it standing, walking 🚶♀️, working, running 🏃♀️around your kids 👦👧, cooking 👩🍳, driving, wearing high heels 👠 for that matter almost all our daily activities!
Cracked heels occur when unhealthy dry skin around the heel responds to pressure from the weight of walking, or even standing, and the skin simply splits. Those cracks may not only make it painful to walk, but can also lead to serious infections. Cracks in the heels are generally caused by insufficient moisture. Seriously dry feet can occur for a number of reasons. Read this article to know more.
How to get rid of cracked heels?
- Weekly once / twice before going to bed, do the foot soak.
- Followed by foot scrub – on your damp foot, exfoliate gently using all-natural body scrub.
- Pat dry your foot completely <don’t miss the area between toes> .
- Daily before going to bed moisturise by apply the all-natural healing foot cream.
- Wear a socks and go to bed 😴.
- Most important – stay hydrated by drinking plenty of water 💦(about 4 litres) a day. This will ensure your skin doesn’t dry from the inside.
Ingredients for the foot soak:
<To DIY plz click on the ingredients, it will take you to product on amazon page. This blog is under Amazon associates program and if you click through those links and buy products from Amazon, I would earn referral fees, thank-you!>
- 1/2 tbsp epsom salt
- 1/2 tbsp black salt powdered
- Pinch of baking soda
- 1 drop 💧 of pure & organic lavender essential oil <lavender is soothing and it’s aroma is known to induce sleep 😴. Check my post on essential oils to know more>
- Few dried lavender flowers
How to prepare?
- Mix all the ingredients and if prepared in bulk, store in a air tight glass jar.
- Keep the jar in a dry place away from direct sunlight and ensure it is moisture free.
- Scoop a dry spoon 🥄 full as and when required and close the lid after use.
How to use?
- Fill a bucket 1/4th with hot water 💦.
- Add a spoon full of foot soak to it and stir once with a ladle.
- Once the water turns warm enough to soak your foot, sit comfortably on a steady chair and soak your foot in the foot soak for 15-20 minutes.
- This can be done weekly once.
To summarise the pamper your feet 👣routine – weekly once / twice foot soak, followed by damp foot scrub, daily moisturising with healing foot cream before going to bed and by staying hydrated throught the day by drinking plenty of water 💦 should help heal the cracked feet inside-out! Happy feet 👣 to you 😊..
However if you are not in a DIY mode, I do sell very limited of these on my facebook buy sell group – eco friendly ma. Interested folks do join the group! For friends abroad do check if your products are safe in EGW skin deep database or download their app Healthy Living.
Liked the post? Do give it a thumbs up 👍 and subscribe for post updates.